In the past school year 2015/2016 five students from our Music Academy took the international Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music exams and all our students passed. Four even got the diploma with distinction.
All students passed ABRSM, two of them received merit.
With the start of the new school year all again they begin to prepare for the next exams.
This year a group of Unisono Music Academy students in our schools joining the ABRSM exams will be even more numerous.
What are ABRSM Exams?
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) is a UK based organization that provides examinations in music.ABRSM Exams are the most recognized and trusted in the world. They have been providing music exams since 1889 and they have a wide range of qualifications for different levels.
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) is an organization that offers music exams and awards to students around the world. These exams are designed to assess and develop the musical skills of students, and they are recognized by schools, universities, and employers as a benchmark of musical ability.
ABRSM exams are available in a variety of instruments, including piano, violin, guitar, singing, and many others. They are offered at different levels of difficulty, from beginner to advanced, and students can choose to take exams in a variety of musical styles, including classical, jazz, and popular music.
ABRSM exams consist of three main components: a performance of set pieces, sight-reading, and aural tests. The performance of set pieces allows students to demonstrate their technical and musical skills, while the sight-reading and aural tests assess their musical literacy and listening skills.
Why ABRSM exam is a good choice?
Overall, ABRSM exams are a widely respected and recognized way for students to demonstrate and develop their musical skills. They can be a useful tool for students who are interested in pursuing music as a career or simply want to improve their skills and knowledge of music.
ABRSM is the world’s leading authority on music education and performance. It provides music exams in a wide range of musical styles. Exams provide a standardized benchmark for students to measure their progress and achievement in music. This helps them to identify their strengths and weaknesses and gives them an idea of what they need to work on next. ABRSM Exams are available in a wide range of musical styles, such as Classical Music, Jazz Music, Pop Music, Folk Music, World Music etc.
How to Make the Most Out of Your Exam Journey at ABRSM
The following is a guide to help you get the most out of your exam journey at ABRSM. The Unisono Music Academy doesn’t charge you anything extra for ABRSM tuition.
- Work with experienced tutor
- Know what to expect from your exam
- Manage your time effectively
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Take care of yourself
There are a few things you need to know about the ABRSM exam before you start your journey.
ABRSM is a UK-based music exam board that offers a wide range of music examinations. The exams are offered at different levels and in different subjects, and they are the only ones recognised by the UK government.
How to prepare for ABRSM exam?
Here are some tips for preparing for an ABRSM exam:
- Start preparing early: It’s a good idea to start preparing for your ABRSM exam as early as possible. This will give you plenty of time to practice and become comfortable with the material.
- Set specific goals: Determine what you want to achieve in your exam, and set specific goals for yourself. This can help you stay focused and motivated as you prepare.
- Practice regularly: Make sure to practice regularly in the lead-up to your exam. This will help you become more comfortable with the material and improve your skills.
- Review the exam requirements: Familiarize yourself with the exam requirements and make sure you understand what is expected of you. This can help you focus your practice and ensure you are prepared for the exam.
- Seek guidance from a teacher or mentor: If you are taking lessons, ask your teacher for guidance on how to prepare for the exam. They can provide you with specific tips and advice based on your skill level and the material you will be performing.
- Stay calm and focused: On the day of the exam, try to stay calm and focused. Remember to take deep breaths and take your time. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it.
By following these tips and putting in the necessary practice, you can increase your chances of success in your ABRSM exam.
ABRSM exam can help you with music career
Taking an ABRSM exam can potentially help you with a music career in several ways. Here are a few examples:
- Demonstrating your skills is a strong point of this exams. ABRSM exams are recognized by schools, universities, and employers as a benchmark of musical ability. By taking an ABRSM exam and achieving a good result, you can demonstrate your skills and ability to a wide range of potential employers or education providers.
- Improving your skills in real performance. Preparing for and taking an ABRSM exam can help you improve your musical skills and knowledge. This can make you a more competitive candidate for music-related careers or education programs.
- Providing recognition: ABRSM exams and awards can be used to show that you have achieved a certain level of proficiency in your instrument or musical style. This can be a valuable credential to include on your resume or CV when applying for music-related jobs or education programs.
Taking an ABRSM exam can potentially help you with a music career by demonstrating your skills, improving your skills, and providing recognition for your achievements. However, it is important to note that an ABRSM exam is just one of many factors that can contribute to success in a music career, and it is ultimately up to you to develop the skills and experience needed to succeed in the music industry.
ABRSM exams as a gateway to the professional music world
ABRSM exams have long been regarded as the gateway to the professional world of music. While some may see these exams as a mere qualification, they have a deeper significance in the career trajectory of young musicians. These exams not only assess technical ability, but also encourage artistic expression and interpretation. By preparing for ABRSM exams, aspiring musicians learn discipline, perseverance and attention to detail – qualities that are essential in the professional music industry.
ABRSM exams also provide young musicians with invaluable opportunities to perform and receive feedback from experienced examiners. This exposure is vital for honing stage presence and nerves, preparing them for future auditions or competitions with confidence. The recognition gained from achieving high grades in these exams can also open doors to scholarships or study opportunities at prestigious music institutions, providing an important stepping stone to a career in music.
In conclusion, ABRSM exams should not be seen as a means to an end, but rather as a transformative journey that prepares young musicians for the challenges of the professional music world. The skills acquired through this process go beyond instrumental proficiency and contribute significantly to personal growth and artistic development. As such, aspiring musicians should view these exams not just as obligatory hurdles, but as valuable milestones on their path to success in the music industry.
Why it is important to think about your career as a musician
ABRSM tuition is becoming increasingly popular with budding musicians, and for good reason. The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music offers a comprehensive curriculum that not only helps students improve their technical skills, but also provides a deep understanding of music theory and interpretation. But why is it important to think about your music career in terms of ABRSM tuition? Simply put, it opens doors and expands opportunities.
With ABRSM certification on your CV, you are instantly recognised as someone who has undergone rigorous training and achieved a certain level of proficiency. This accreditation carries weight not only in the music industry but also in academic circles. Universities and colleges often look favourably on applicants with ABRSM qualifications, giving them an advantage when applying for music programmes or scholarships.
In addition, ABRSM tuition promotes holistic musical development by exposing students to different styles and genres. This versatility is vital in today’s ever-changing music landscape, where artists are expected to adapt and experiment with different soundscapes. By providing a solid foundation in theory, technique, sight-reading and performance skills, ABRSM sets its students up for success, whatever direction their music career takes them.
In conclusion, investing in ABRSM tuition is about more than just enhancing your musical skills; it is about differentiating yourself from the competition and ensuring long-term growth in your music career. The internationally recognised qualifications will open doors not only locally but also globally, enabling you to make connections across borders that could lead to exciting collaborations or opportunities.